Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Home Movies for Hire: Documenting the Missing Moments

After spending a weekend with them, I just returned from dropping off my children to their mother. And, even though I have made sure that I see my children often (I also drive out to see them twice during the week, go to all their sporting events and school events), the thought of missing all the "little moments," the everyday moments I don't see because I'm not there (moments stolen from me because of divorce), often moves me to tears. I'm sure there are other men (full time fathers who only get to be with their children part time) who feel the same (I also know there are men out there who don't give a shit). But for those of us who do care, wouldn't it be great if there was a service that could take "home movies" of our children so we could somehow experience these little moments? Perhaps the venture might be called "Home Movies for Hire." I'm not sure how it would work, and obviously the children would require their private time as well, but I do know if I could see and hear more of my children's laughter, or off-the-cuff comments -- the kind I get to experience when they are with me -- it would be worth it. The films could fill the empty times -- when I wonder what my children are doing, how they are, and if they are happy. Listen, I'm not sure of the legal implications of such a service, but shouldn't it be an option for fathers who care and miss their children?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?