Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Late Night Movie Memory: The Bride Came C.O.D.

James Cagney and Bette Davis in a comedy? Sure, when I first saw The Bride Came C.O.D, as a child on The Late Late Movie, many, many years ago, I thought nothing of it. It wasn't until years later that I would discover how rare it was to see them in a comedy, not to mention together! Part of what I like about the memory of this film is that it's faint and exists in the very distant past for me now. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I remember it leaving an impression on me when I did. (If I remember correctly, I had a crush on Davis after this film, and then shortly after, ran into a girl who looked like Davis, and had a crush on that girl, although I can't remember her name.). Cagney played an airplane pilot who was hired to bring Davis -- who was trying to elope -- back home before she did. (Now that I think of it, it kinda sounds like a low-rent version of It Happened One Night.) The two land in a desert, near a ghost town. They argue a lot, and ultimately fall in love (I think). So, I'm curious to see the film again. Do you have a film that lives only in your distant memory that you'd like to revisit as well? (And by the way, does anyone even remember what C.O.D. means anymore? I wonder.)

Comments:
I remember seeing The Boogeyman when I was a kid. Was scared, maybe 8 or 9 years old..

I'd like to check it out again..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?