Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Where the Heck is Maria Conchita Alonso?

I was watching a little of the LA gang warfare film Colors -- (a film I first saw at the Ziegfeld Theater), starring Sean Penn and Robert Duvall, and directed by Dennis Hopper -- when I caught a glimpse of a young Maria Conchita Alonso. Then it occurred to me: "What the heck happened to her?" She was so hot in the 80s, starring opposite Hollywood's A-List: Penn in Colors, Michael Keaton in Touch & Go, Nicolas Cage in Vampire's Kiss, and even Arnold ("the governator") Schwarzenegger in The Running Man. While she has continued to act right up and into the 2000s, I haven't seemed to notice. Have you? Twenty years ago, she seemed everywhere. Today, she seems lost in the crowd.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?